- About University
- About the city of Poznan
- International Business
- Transportation and Logistic
- How to apply
- Career Office
The University of Commerce and Services (WSHIU) in Poznań is the only non-public institute of higher learning in Poland established by the Organization of Economic Self-Government. Its founder was the Wielkopolska Association of Trade and Services in Poznań – a social organization of people from Greater Poland who deal with (directly or as shareholders in business entities) economic activities in the field of trade and services. This organization dates back to 1904. In the interwar period, it contributed to the establishment in 1926 of the Poznań School of Economics, later transformed into the Higher School of Economics, now called the University of Economics in Poznan. At the beginning of the 1920s it was also one of the co-organizers of the Poznań Fair which gave birth to the Poznań International Fair.
The University of Commerce and Services in Poznań was established under the initiative of a self-governing merchant organization, which largely influences its mission. When educating in service specialties, the university not only provides specific knowledge and professional skills, but also tries to propagate the ethos of the trade profession among students. The university maintains close contact with business practice, treating it as an indispensable element of education.
Invariably, the expectations of the modern world change towards university students. The dynamic development of the University of Commerce and Services, high-class lectures and a wide range offer makes the University a huge opportunity for development.
According to the Statute of WSHiU, the basic task of the University is to educate highly qualified personnel in occupations related to the sphere of trade and services, in particular:
- educating students in the fields and levels of education, in accordance with the decisions of the minister competent for higher education, issued after obtaining the opinion of the Polish Accreditation Committee, training, to supplement specialised knowledge and professional qualifications, at postgraduate
- and vocational training courses,
- education for the purpose of retraining,
- education of students in the spirit of respect for human rights, patriotism, democracy and responsibility for the good of the society, the state and their own workplace,
- dissemination of organizational, technical and technological progress as well as promotion of knowledge and the region in which the University operates,
- conducting scientific research and implementing their results in practice,
- taking care of the comprehensive development of students.
In its activities, the University is guided by the principles of freedom of conscience, freedom of teaching and scientific research.
The offer and level of our studies correspond to the current requirements of the labor market. Research carried out by the labor office of the city of Poznań indicates that the graduates of the University of Commerce and Services are the lowest percentage of unemployed people who graduated from universities in Poland .
About the city of Poznan
Poznań is a place where the energy of the New Europe is merged with the civilization of the West. A metropolitan city with over half-a-million residents and almost two hundred thousand students, Poznań is situated in the most economically developed region of Poland, closer to Berlin than to Warsaw. Inhabitants of Poznań can be counted on – they are well-educated, competent and welcoming.
The city’s sports infrastructure allows for the organisation of major international sporting events. In the opinion of experts, Poznań has one of the most beautifully located regatta courses in the world and hosts one of the largest street races in Europe- the Poznań Marathon. Poznań is also becoming famous around the football stadiums of Europe for the passion of the fans of Lech Poznań, the best supported club in Poland.
Poznań was one of the host cities of the European Football Championship „Euro 2012”, which took place from June 8 to July 1, 2012. During the tournament, the national team of Portugal used the residence center near Poznań. Among the footballers living there was, among others Cristiano Ronaldo. At the Municipal Stadium in Poznań, three matches of the group stage of the tournament were organized: Ireland-Croatia, Italy-Croatia and Italy-Ireland.
The city authorities estimate that during the group stage of the tournament Poznań was visited by approx. 125 thousand. foreign tourists – 70 thousand Irish, 40,000 Croats and 15 thousand Italians. Over 400 journalists from around the world have been accredited in the press center. 540 volunteers helped the guests, and the order was guarded every day by nearly 1.4 thousand volunteers. police officers. In the Poznań fan zone located on pl. More than 60 artists performed at Freedom. Throughout the championships, a total of 705 thousand people enjoyed themselves there. people (second place in the country), the most on the day of Poland’s match with Russia – 60.5 thousand people. Thousands of people supported and also played at the nearby Old Market Square, around the Arena Arena and the Malta Fun Zone).
Poznań cultural climate is formed by the wide range of entertainment on offer. Major international events hosted in the city include: Malta Festival – the biggest theatre festival in Poland, Dancing Poznań – which has been attracting dancers from all over the world for 17 years and the Made in Chicago Festival – the only festival of the Chicago Jazz School in Europe.
Road and rail networks are well developed, linking Poznań with other major Polish cities and with Berlin. The Warta and Noteć rivers are used for inland shipping, and air travel is concentrated on the Poznań – Ławica international airport, located on the western outskirts of Poznań. Tourist and recreational traffic centers on the province’s lakes.
Thank you for your interest in our university. We cordially invite you to study at WSiU in Poznan.
International Business is one of the most attractive fields of study at the Higher School of Commerce and Services. In this field we are pursuing undergraduate, graduate and MBA studies.
This specialisation will develop your ability to understand and manage a company’s international operations. You’ll build a foundation of research and theory, and then gain the real-world experience you need to prepare for a truly global career.
▪ Curriculum that offers both a solid theoretical basis and practical experience, combining hands-on assignments and case studies.
▪ Our comprehensive and varied instructional approach, including student-led discussions and close relationships with faculty members who are experts in the field
▪ An optional internship or the opportunity to study abroad at one of our partner universities.
The Bachelor’s program in International Business provides you with a solid educational foundation in the four core pillars of international business: management and organization, marketing, finance, and accounting.
You will also develop business skills in the areas of (intercultural) communication, systematic research, teamwork, planning, reporting and presenting.
Successful careers in business start with a strong foundation, and this is exactly what our program in International Business will provide.
In addition, you will take a number of socially oriented courses, such as Economics, Comparative & Cross-Cultural Management, Philosophy, and Business Law.
A final important component of the program is the academic aspect: you will learn the principles of good research, and will be trained to make convincing presentations and reports.
Through lectures and teamwork, you will gain communication skills as well as planning, writing, and presentation skills. Thinking about starting your own company? The university provides courses to enhance your entrepreneurial skills. You will gain valuable experience including insights of diverse cultures and international business practices.
What you will learn:
- Business Economics
- Consumers and Markets
- Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice
- Fundamentals of Financial and Management Accounting
- Managing Operations in the Digital Enterprise
The economy can not be considered in isolation from political life, which is why the University of Commerce and Services has hosted many world-famous politicians, including Lech Wałęsa , Bronisław Komorowski, Donald Tusk and many others. Such presentations helps in both personal and educational development .
Tourism Management focuses on the business side of tourism. You will cover general management subjects and specialist tourism courses, which makes you attractive to employers in different sectors. You get a good dose of theory that you put into practice during projects and an internship. You follow the course near one of the tourist capital of the world: Amsterdam. Here you’ll benefit from partnerships with international organisations and the guidance of an enthusiastic team of teachers with experience in the field.
How you will learn:
- Theory – The first part of your degree mainly consists of fundamental management and tourism subjects. Besides attending timetabled teaching, you will also spend time studying independently and undertaking research.
- Projects – Theory is immediately linked to practice. You will tackle assignments, such as setting up your own travel event or destination marketing campaign, in multicultural project groups.
- Practice – Immerse yourself in the industry through (international) excursions and company visits.
- Research – From the first to the fourth year, you are working on your research skills. You carry out research during every project, including the internship and your graduation project.
Transportation and Logistic:
Students will learn about the multiple modes of transportation to include air, maritime, and ground transportation, which is a critical aspect of logistics management. Students will also learn how these transportation modes impact economies, both on a domestic and global scale, as well as the practical application of cutting edge processes and standards within the current business context of transportation and logistics management.
In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Bachelor of Arts in Transportation and Logistics Management also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates.
How you will learn:
- Apply systems analysis to transportation, logistics, and supply chain management.
- Relate the multidimensional impact of transportation on the economy, public systems, national and local infrastructure, and the environment.
- Understand and evaluate the transportation systems’ political, regulatory, and legal issues.
- Describe and assess the strengths and weaknesses of the major modes of international transportation.
How to apply:
Step by Step
Step 1: Requirements
Prepare the following documents and send them by e-mail to the university.
- Apostille of high school certificate/diploma and additions
- Translation of the apostille of high school certificate/diploma and additions
- Photocopy of a foreign passport
- Picture 3.5 * 4.5
- Medical certificate
Step 2: Registration
- You will receive an email from the university .
- You can also call directly to university and ask for our International students advisor.
Step 3: Verification
- University shall verify your eligibility.
Step 4: Fees
- Upon acceptance, the university shall notify you by an email or send you the Acceptance Letter and ask to pay the tuition fees within the mentioned deadline.
- After payment of fees, the university will issue the admission letter.
Step 5: Visa
- If you are from Asia , America , Africa or Australia you need D-type’ visa. You will receive it at the nearest Polish embassy.
Step 6: Welcome in Poland
- Once the visa is approved, plan your journey to Poland. It is recommended to arrive at least two weeks before starting the class to settle in Poznan.
After International Business You can complete a Master’s degree in a fitting field, such as:
- Strategic Management,
- Marketing Analytics,
- Marketing Management,
- Accountancy or Finance
With the IB Bachelor from WSHIU University you are eligible for a wide range of prestigious Masters programs all over the world.
A Masters program is the best way to further specialize in the field of your interest, and most of our graduates take this path .
The purpose of this unit is to properly prepare young people to enter the world of work and to effectively navigate the labor market by providing knowledge on job search methods and institutions that can help them.
The basic tasks of the Careers Office include:
- gathering and sharing new job offers, apprenticeships and internships sent to the University by companies systematic enlargement of the job offer database help in preparing application documents (CV and cover letter)
- provision of consultancy services tailored to the individual needs of our students help in overcoming multi-stage recruitment processes and familiarizing with various techniques of effective self-presentation
- providing internet addresses of work websites establishing cooperation with labor market institutions and employers posting information about foreign travel offers , organizing numerous trainings and workshops, raising and broadening the professional qualifications of students and graduates
- providing information on various techniques of running your own business
- examining the career fate of our university graduates .
Faculty of International Business Management:
- Methods and techniques of managment
- Managment of modern organizations
- Product managment
- Crisis Managment
- Business strategy and business plan